Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I try red lips


Image taken from here

Hello all

I don't know about you but ever since I was a teenager I have always been drawn to bright lip colors. Particularly reds. Maybe is it because partly my mom's signature lip color was fuchsia and she was seldom seen without some lip color before stepping out of the house.

Apart from mom other women influenced my taste in lip color.


Red lips is Gwen Stefani's signature color she is never seen without it.




Anne Hathaway wore red lip stick in Devil wears Prada.

The list goes on and on.

What is it about red lips?

It is quite sad that so few Asian women actually dare to wear red on the lips. Although red is such a important part of Asian culture particularly to the Chinese.

Anyway I squashed any doubts I had about me as a Chinese girl wearing red lipstick and went ahead to do up a look with red lipstick.

And I really really love the look :)

I guess sometimes one has to be daring and step outside the comfort zone.

That is when one truly starts to grow.

So I present you my first FULL make up tutorial.

Featuring my version of red hot lips.

Part 1




Part two


Enjoy and have a good week you all! Don't be afraid to try something new :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such themes. I like to read blogs like this. By the way add some pics :)