Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What to wear for all types of interviews #2

This is the second part of the what to wear for all types of Interviews Series.

This time round I will be covering on what you can wear to an interview for a job post as Graphic Designer, Fashion Designer basically an entry level into the creative industry.

How formal you dress would ultimately depend on the company that you will be going for. These looks are what I would wear if I was attending an interview at a small advertising firm you could even wear this to an interview for a fashion designing job at the entry level.



Accessories are mainly kept to earth tones such as brown. To make the look more interesting I threw on a three tier necklace.

To rise the look a bar above this level I would suggest opting for more luxurious fabrics that spell elegance and understated taste in fashion. Something like this and this of course it all depends on how much your purse strings are willing to stretch.

The next look will also be something that I would wear for an interview in the creative/advertising industry. It is more business like in nature as compared to the look above due to the fact that I am using elements from the business suit such as a jacket paired with pants. However I have softened the look by using a denim jacket in an indigo wash.



The book in my hand is Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi. Books are the best way in my opinion to kill time while waiting for your turn before entering the board room.

I hope these tips will be useful to you the next time you go for an interview :)

No comments: