Tuesday, May 04, 2010

#2 Inspirational pictures - Favorite People

Tim Burton

He filmed Alice In Wonderland, has a kickass exhibit in MoMa and made the kid who sat at the back of the class doodling strange creatures with stripes cool.

What's more he put scissor hands on heart throbs like Johnny Depp and help blast that man to superstardom! I love that he also does collaborations with his wife Helena Bonham Carter. Husband directs, wife acts. What's not to like?

Mae West


I simply love her for her quotes.

Here is her take on diets:
I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond.

On life:
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

and on censorship:
Right now I think censorship is necessary; the things they're doing and saying in films right now just shouldn't be allowed. There's no dignity anymore and I think that's very important.

To read more click here and here.

Edie Sedgwick
There is some controversy on her. Some people think she is a spoilt rich girl who spent all her inheritance while some people view her as a survivor. Someone who went through intense emotional, physical trauma and tried to keep things together despite what life hurled at her.

Since she is in my favorite people list you can guess which group I belong to.

Here is some links on her at squidoo and a youtube audio of her conversation with her director Andy Warhol (below) it starts of kind of slow but it gets better. Love her voice :)



If you are a fan of Betsey Johnson you may like this as well she speaks on what she designed for Edie.

Coco Rocha

Super model, Charity giver, Funny girl, Supporter of Healthier lifestyle for models everywhere and young women. What's not to like?

I particularly liked her response to an article that attacked her on the grounds that she may be too "fat" for the runway. Say what?

I'm a 21 year old model, 6 inches taller and 10 sizes smaller than the average American woman. Yet in another parallel universe I'm considered "fat"... This was the subject of major discussion this week and the story that was spun was: "Coco Rocha is too fat for the runway". - Extract from coco rocha's blog.

Make time to read her full view from her personal blog and the rest of the blog as well :)

I have quite a few more people on my favorites list but these shall do for now. Enjoy.

Much Love

Grace
xoxo

No comments: