Sunday, October 09, 2011

Making it Wearable - Electric Blue Eyeliner

I have always loved to make loud statement making trends wearable for everyday be it, bright colors, crazy eyeliner shades and unusual color combinations.

Along the way there could be blunders but we all learn best through experience. So join me as I take you through a new series of Making It Wearable...

Featuring an Electric Blue Eyeliner by Rimmel
Basically what I did was to use neutral shades black, brown, greys to tone down the bright blue shade. The rest of my face make up was kept muted with skin toned blusher and subtle contouring.


I like that the blue still stands out but it is still suited for the streets and will not make you like look like a street performer.

If you want more dramatic look you can pile on glitter, false lashes and even put in more color in the lips and cheeks. It is completely up to you. As I still wanted to go out and pick up some stuff from the shopping centre near my house I did not want so dramatic a look.

You can get some ideas from my video tutorial and build upon it :)





Most of the tools used in the make up look.

Here is the full list of the products I used in the video:
Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Aqua Sparkle
The Body Shop Eyeliner in Black
Daiso Silky Touch Foundation
Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Slate
Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara
VOV Celebrity Glam Palette in Enchanted Days 02
The Body Shop Shimmer Waves Bronzer in 02
Lust Duster by Benefit in Cloud 9
Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Riveria Blue
Q-Tips in Black from Daiso
All the pink brushes are from Sasa
Small Angled Brush is from Guardian
Clear Handle Blush brush from Daiso
All other black brushes are from The Body Shop

Have fun with this look!


xoxo
Grace

No comments: