Saturday, December 08, 2012

My Favorite Red Heads

Hohoho

I have been busy traveling, painting, watching past season of Monk and basically being in FULL vacation mode.

Twitter has been fairly well updated so if you missed me you know where to find me.

I am still going through 300 plus pix of Korean photos forgot to update here before deleting it from the iphone thus have to go through editing plus watermarking the pictures and putting them up on this blog. Hand cramped up so I decided to give it some rest.

Anyways I dyed my hair red (my past obsessions on red).

And than got inspired to write up on my favorite red heads. Here we go.

#1 Nancy Drew

I was 8 or 9 years old at that time when I started on Nancy Drew courtesy of my cousins who were avid readers and introduced Enid Blyton, Roald Dahl and Anne of Green Gables to me. Basically I got really into mystery genres at that time I did not fully understand what was really happening in the stories because I was in my Power Ranger/Pokemon phase what mattered was that Nancy Drew caught bad guys in the end and she had really pretty strawberry blonde hair and her side kick friends had really nice hair too.

#2 Anne of Green Gables

She taught me that pink never looks good on red heads. Don't buy products from door to door sales men/ peddlars it could make your hair monstrous. Oh ya and if you really really wanted to get with a guy you had to fight with him first than let things take its natural cause. Alot of good that did for me but anyway she deserves a spot here simply for her influence on my childhood.

#3 Scully from X Files

 Her place here is all thanks to Dad who loved all things alien related. I still remember having nightmares of slimy man jammed up in escalators or lifts and grabbing, grabbing. ARGHHH.The details are foggy I remember Mulder's dry voice and Scully always arguing with him oh ya and her flaming red hair. I may need to revisit these series in my free time I dug these up but I have almost no memory of it.

#4 Ginger

Ohhh Ginger I adored her.

#5 My So Called Life


I took an eternity to find this one probably saw only two clips from the show or something like that. But this girl gave her fair bit of influence to my red head obsession. Most of all I really like how red goes with black and pale skin.

That about sums it up for today.

Have a lovely weekend.

xoxo
Grace

No comments: